Justification by faith means that we rest upon the work of Christ for our salvation. We don't live to save ourselves; we live to bring glory to the One who saved us. (Note: first twenty minutes of sermon not recorded due to technical issues)
1. Justified By Faith (v.15-18)
- We may try to please God with works, but all we have to offer Him is our sin.
- We are unjust sinners. How then, can a just God withhold the punishment due to us?
- How can we be justified, or made right, before a holy God?
2. Living By Faith (v.19-21)
- My flesh life is not my real life.
- My real life was granted to me by faith, not earned through works.
- My new identity in Christ came at the cost of the cross. The cross drives all that I do.