Five easy ways to weaken the church...
1. Don't Hold Others Accountable (:11)
"But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned."
2. Seek the Approval of Our Peers (:12)
"For before certain men came from James, he was eating with the Gentiles; but when they came he drew back and separated himself, fearing the circumcision party."
3. Be a Poor Example to Others (:13)
"And the rest of the Jews acted hypocritically along with him, so that even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy."
4. Abandon the Truth of the Gospel When Convenient (:14a)
"But when I saw that their conduct was not in step with the truth of the gospel..."
5. Be Inconsiderate of the Struggles of Others (:14b)
"...I said to Cephas before them all, 'If you, though a Jew, live like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you force the Gentiles to live like Jews?'”
Application: How to Strengthen Grace Point
1. Be committed to gospel purity at all costs
2. Be mindful of the examples we are setting
3. Proclaim the truth to the community
4. Reach out to all, not just to those like us
5. "My life for God's plan; Our church for God's vision"
"Trusting God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, our Triune God to guide us by His mercy and grace in declaring His true, infallible word to the local community and beyond."Grace Point Mission Statement